Emily Browning, Caitlin Stasey, and Megan Smart star in the Amazon Original series Class of ’07, which follows a group of women on their post-apocalyptic high school reunion
Class of ’07 is created, written, and directed by Australian Kacie Anning, and produced by Universal International Studios’ Matchbox Pictures and Amazon Studios in association with Screen NSW
The series will launch exclusively on Prime Video in Australia and in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide
Prime Video and Universal International Studios’ Matchbox Pictures announced today the start of production on the Australian Amazon Original series Class of ’07. The high-concept comedy will be filmed across multiple locations in New South Wales including Sydney, and stars Australian actors Emily Browning (American Gods), Caitlin Stasey (Please Like Me), and Megan Smart (Home and Away). It is being produced by Mimi Butler for Matchbox Pictures.
The new eight-part, half-hour series will launch exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. Class of ’07 is one of 14 Australian Amazon Originals commissioned since 2019 and is created, written, and directed by award-winning Australian writer and director Kacie Anning (Prime Video’s Upload,Season One).
Class of ’07 is a comedy rollercoaster about a never-ending high school reunion with life and death stakes. When an apocalyptic tidal wave hits during the 10-year reunion of an all-girls high school, a group of women must find a way to survive on the island peak of their high school campus. Like Lord of the Flies in cocktail dresses, the series follows a group of former classmates, now freshly entangled in decade-old drama, as they attempt to survive not just the apocalypse, but each other.
In an exploration of fractured friendships and eventual reconnection in a bid to stay alive, Class of ’07 features an all-female ensemble of 12 Australian actors. Joining Smart (Amelia), Browning (Zoe), and Stasey (Saskia) are Claire Lovering (Genevieve), Sana’a Shaik (Teresa), Sarah Krndija (Sandy), Steph Tisdell (Phoebe), Bernie Van Tiel (Tegan), Chi Nguyễn (Megan), Emma Horn (Renee), Rose Flanagan (Laura), and Debra Lawrance (Sister Bicky).
“We are thrilled to be working with the hugely talented Kacie Anning, and we are proud of our incredible cast who will bring this genre-busting, post-apocalyptic female-driven comedy to life,” said Erika North, Head of Originals, Asia Pacific, at Amazon Studios. “At its heart, Class of ’07 lifts the lid on the unbreakable emotional connection of female friendships, enduring even under the most extraordinary circumstances. This series is our fourth scripted Australian Original to commence production and we are delighted to be partnering with Universal International Studios’ Matchbox Pictures and the producing team of Mimi Butler, Debbie Lee, and Alastair McKinnon.”
Kacie Anning, creator, writer and director of Class of ’07: “I am excited to be underway on our all-female ensemble comedy, with our insanely talented cast and crew.”
Alastair McKinnon, Managing Director, Matchbox Pictures said: “Kacie and Mimi have assembled a knockout cast of incredibly talented women to bring the hilariously original Class of ’07 to life. In the fantastic team at Prime Video, we have truly found the perfect partners to bring Kacie’s singular and riotous vision to the world.”
Class of ’07 has been commissioned by Amazon Studios and is produced by Matchbox Pictures, which is part of Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group. Matchbox Pictures’ Alastair McKinnon and Debbie Lee also serve as executive producers and Mimi Butler is producer. Class of ‘07 is supported by the NSW Government through Screen NSW’s Made in NSW fund.
Since 2019, Prime Video has commissioned 14 Amazon Original series in Australia including The Test: A New Era for Australia’s Team, Making Their Mark, LOL: Last One Laughing AU with Rebel Wilson, a series of 10 stand-up comedy specials by some of Australia’s best comedians, Back to the Rafters, Luxe Listings Sydney Season One, The Moth Effect, Head Above Water, and the award-winning feature-length documentary Burning. Upcoming Australian Local Originals include Kick Like Tayla, Warriors On The Field, The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, and Deadloch.
Class of ‘07 will join thousands of TV shows and movies in the Prime Video catalogue, including hits like Golden Globe-winner Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, P!nk: All I Know So Far, Val, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Coming 2 America, Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Nine Perfect Strangers, Upload, plus Emmy Award-winners Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and licensed content.
Prime members will be able to watch all episodes of Class of ‘07 anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV and stream online. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in Australia at no extra cost to a Prime membership of just AU$6.99/month, new customers can find out more at www.primevideo.com and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of award-winning Amazon Originals, hit movies, and popular TV shows—available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Prime members in Australia can stream hit TV shows, popular movies, and Australian Amazon Original series including The Test: A New Era for Australia’s Team, Making Their Mark, Making Their Mark, Head Above Water, Luxe Listings Sydney S1, and Back to the Rafters. Customers can also enjoy hits like Golden Globe-winner Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Nine Perfect Strangers, The Tomorrow War, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Coming 2 America, Upload, plus Emmy Award winners Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,and licensed content.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Prime Video Channels: Paid monthly subscriptions that customers can add to their Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership. For an extra monthly fee, Prime members will get access to content from premium third-party networks and other streaming entertainment channels without leaving the Prime Video account.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind-the-scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
About Matchbox Pictures
Matchbox Pictures is a prolific film and television production company founded and based in Australia. It makes world-class content for a global audience. Credits include leading international adult dramas Clickbait, Stateless, The Heights, Glitch, Safe Harbour, Seven Types Of Ambiguity, Secret City, Wanted and The Slap; as well as children’s dramas Nowhere Boys and Mustangs FC. Matchbox also produces non-scripted shows including franchise titles The Real Housewives of Melbourne and feature films. Matchbox is one of the most credentialed and awarded producers in Australia. It has won International Emmys, Prix de Jour, a BAFTA, multiple AACTAs (Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards) and Logies. Matchbox Pictures is part of Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group.